Thursday, January 13, 2011

you always knew.

We were both so young. But in our hearts we felt brave and old. We were inseperable. If I ran through fire I knew youd be right behind me. On the nights you weren’t in my bed I laid and starred at the glow in the dark stars we put up last summer. I could always spot our star. As I laid there counting fake stars Id wonder if you were doing the same thing. if you were ok. if you found the note i hid under your pillow. And some nights Id lay there wide awake hoping to hear you tap at my window and carry me off into the neighbors field. Where wed run barefoot. jump. dance. twirl. fall to the ground. Having perfect conversation..without ever speaking. And wed sneak back to my window. id crawl through. turning around to help you in but youve already ran off. you always knew when to run off. you always knew how to hold onto to the perfect moments. Id fall back in bed. pull out the tiny pebble you snuck in my pocket. hold it. and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment