Tuesday, April 17, 2012

And i'll tell you right now that I have never been so revealing in my rambles, i'll tell you how her use of toast in place of a fork brought chills to my bare skin and if it wasn't for the sand covering our toes, the house burning to the ground and the waves breaking on our ankles her whispering I loved you would have felt so different. And when I think about watching your fingers trace my sides, your toes pressed against my cheek, the way your lips cracked when you smiled and how the spot behind your knees felt on my lips I start to cry. Not the cliche type of tears but the kind that actually stain your cheek, and my hands always seem to find your ring in my pocket. My finger pushing through the band and for that second I can smell your skin and feel the tips of your fingers on my teeth. Those letters you hid in the walls, the ones that are wrapped in cloth under my bed, flow in my veins and the rain that fell on our lips will always haunt me. I hate how we changed and I suppose it's all my fault and i'll never forget, Lord knows i've tried....There was a blue light that sang me to sleep and letters covered in borrowed snow. There was a sweetness on my lips that will never be tasted again..and for that i'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment